Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance (HLT33015)
A Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance provides the skills and knowledge to assist allied health professionals under predetermined guidelines.
Depending on the setting, work may include following treatment plans for therapeutic interventions and/or conducting programs under regular supervision of an allied health professional.
For Geelong programs, students are released from school on a Wednesday afternoon, with Ballarat and Bacchus Marsh students attending their RTO on a Thursday afternoon.
Work placement times are scheduled around school timetables and industry requirements.
Units of work
- Maintain high standard of service
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- Participate in workplace health and safety
- Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Provide first aid and provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Communicate and work in health or community services and assist with an allied health program
Typical work placements
- Community Health Centres
- Allied Health Providers
- Massage Therapists
- Aged Care Providers
- Dental Clinics
Typical duties at work
- Assist setting up of equipment
- Prepare resources as required
- Take appropriate actions to ensure comfort, safety and privacy of the client
- Assist health professional obtain client information according to organisational policy & procedure