Certificate III in Education Support (CHC30213)
A Certificate III in Education Support provides the skills and knowledge to participate & provide guidance in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community education settings that provide and support teachers and students.
For Geelong programs students are released from school on a Wednesday afternoon with Ballarat and Bacchus Marsh students attending their RTO on a Thursday afternoon.
Work placement times are scheduled around school timetables and industry requirements.
Units of work include
- Communicate with students
- Facilitate implementation of planned educational programs
- Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- Work effectively in an education team & comply with school administrative requirements
- Organise experiences to facilitate and enhance children’s development
- Apply first aid & contribute to WHS processes
- Support behaviour of children and young people
- Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
Typical work placements would include
- State and Independent Primary Schools
- Specialist Schools that cater for children with intellectual disabilities
Typical duties at work would include
- Assist teachers with planning and preparation of lessons
- Assist with the set-up of activities for classes
- Direct and instruct students as required
- Assist students with special needs