Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315)
A Certificate III in Fitness provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of activities and functions requiring autonomous work within a defined range of exercise instruction situations and activities.
Work may be undertaken in locations such as gyms, fitness facilities, pools and community facilities.
Students will be able to plan and deliver a variety of gym and fitness programs along with advising on healthy eating guidelines in a sports and recreation environment.
A Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315) is your entry-level fitness course into the fitness industry!
Units of work include
- Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- Conduct fitness appraisals & instruct fitness programs
- Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- Facilitate groups
- Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- Provide healthy eating information
- Identify risk and apply risk management processes & participate in workplace health and safety
Typical work placements
- Fitness Centres
- Aquatic Facilities
- Community Centres
Typical duties at work
- Assisting to develop and plan activities in a gym setting
- Assist in the preparation of equipment and activities for group exercise
- Assist in conducting activities specific to the industry placement
- Prepare equipment and provide participants with the necessary information & skills to maintain safety in all recreation environments
This course included many units covering all aspects of sport, including training, nutrition, and communication. The best parts of the course for me were the training programs, which included writing programs using the weights room and outdoors type training, and also the nutrition which I just find very interesting.Doing a Traineeship not only contributed 10% of my average score towards my ATAR, which helped me get into Exercise and Sport Science at Deakin Waurn Ponds. I know that it was a good decision to do the traineeship as it has definitely helped me achieve what I wanted out of my schooling and also helped me realise what I would like to do in the future!
Former Geelong Trainee